How to get Australian Visa

Do I need a visa to enter Australia?

Unless you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen, you will need a valid Australian visa to enter the country. New Zealand passport holders can apply for a visa upon arrival in the country. All other passport holders, regardless of age, must apply for a visa before leaving home. You can apply for a range of Australian visa types, including tourist visas and working holiday visas, at your nearest Australian Embassy or Consulate. You can also apply for certain types of visas on the Australian Department of Home Affairs website.

Do I need a student visa to study in Australia?

If you intend to study in Australia, you will need to apply for a Student Visa (subclass 500). If you are the parent, guardian or relative of a student, you can apply for a Student Guardian Visa (subclass 590). If you would like to travel to Australia for a visit and short-term study, you may be eligible for a visitor visa. A Training Visa (subclass 407) allows you to take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, area of tertiary study, field of expertise. A Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408) permits temporary entry into Australia for certain programs and projects.

Can I work while on a student visa in Australia?

Foreign residents on a student visa are allowed to work a limited number of hours while studying in Australia and between their study courses. Find information on work restrictions here.

If you’ve completed your studies, or are interested in a gap year before you continue your education, you may be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa. Australia welcomes Working Holiday Makers from a number of countries to live and work in Australia for a temporary period. For most countries in the program, the eligible age range is 18 to 30, and the duration of stay is one year (although extensions are available). Find out more about a working holiday here.

SOURCE: Protection Status